Today and every day, Lox Salon celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Day! This day was started in Denver, Colorado in 1995 and has since spread across the globe. Read on for ideas on how to celebrate this special day.
- Compliment strangers. Very often we pass someone on the street and think how much we like their hair, clothes or smile but don’t say it aloud. Random Acts of Kindness Day is the perfect occasion to verbalize those thoughts and spread a little cheer.
- Tip your barista extra. We hear about paying it forward by paying for the coffee of the person behind you, but another way of celebrating this day is by putting that money toward the tip of your barista instead. Oftentimes paying for the person behind you adds extra work and confusion for the staff; by tipping the money toward your barista directly, you’re still spreading kindness and sparing them from a confusing day of sorting out orders and payments.
- Call a loved one you don’t speak to enough. Most of us don’t appreciate the family in our lives the way we should and take them for granted. Call that loved one you’ve been meaning to but keep putting off; you’ll make their day and be glad you did it.
- Donate to a charity. One way to make a tangible impact is through a charity donation. Find one close to your heart – we are big fans of Farm Sanctuary.
- Pick up litter around your neighborhood. Cleaning up some of the trash littering your neighborhood is a simple way to effect big change.
No matter how you choose to celebrate it, make sure to spread some cheer today!